Top 3 of 23!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Share your top 3 of 2023 in this thread. If you want, share a little bit about why each is a favorite.

My 3

I’ve taken many photos of Portland Head Light, this is a favorite because a boring sunrise turned into a stunner in the blink of an eye.
PHL Sunrise by SharonCat..., on Flickr

A heavy edit which was fun to do. A favorite because the vibrant colors show the life of the city.
NYC Sunset by SharonCat..., on Flickr

A favorite because this guy posed for me every day in the garden and he always looked like he was smiling!
Garden visitors by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Managed to take some great shots whilst on my recent Japan trip but these two are my favourites, first is a huge panoama (4x 60mp portrait photos) taken at sunset after I managed to fight my way to the front of the photo taking spot!

Sony A7RV / Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2peUHBC]Kinkaku-ji Temple by Tursiops, on Flickr[/URL]

Second one from the trip was this night shot in Kyoto, quite a unique place, the building on the left is a Starbucks believe it or not (!) I have been really trying hard with my night shots so this one made it worth the effort and frustrations.

Sony A7RV / Sony FE f1.4 35mm ZA
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2peMCMZ]Night Street by Tursiops, on Flickr[/URL]

Last one was tough to choose but everything just came together, settings, film used, geometric scene and then the leaf blower equipped groundsman just stepped in at the perfect point - all that was left was to keep fingers crossed while it was at the developers!

Olympus 35 SP
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2paBXj9]The Groundsman by Tursiops, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
Share your top 3 of 2023 in this thread. If you want, share a little bit about why each is a favorite.

My 3

I’ve taken many photos of Portland Head Light, this is a favorite because a boring sunrise turned into a stunner in the blink of an eye.
PHL Sunrise by SharonCat..., on Flickr

A heavy edit which was fun to do. A favorite because the vibrant colors show the life of the city.
NYC Sunset by SharonCat..., on Flickr

A favorite because this guy posed for me every day in the garden and he always looked like he was smiling!
Garden visitors by SharonCat..., on Flickr
#1 may look good printed on metal

Since the end of 2022, the emphasis has no longer been on (digital) photography and in 2023 I think the counter will not have gone beyond 70 to 80 photos in total. In the digital field, only infrared and fisheye photography is of interest to me for the time being. Nowadays my preference is more for making cyanotype prints or working with liquid photo emulsions on canvas, for example, and hopefully by the end of 2024 I will also have mastered some techniques such as screen printing and etching to be able to burn photos on glass.

My choice falls on the attached three images, numbers 1 and 3 were taken during some short walks in my neighborhood for the simple reason that my Fuji XT-20 has been acting strangely for a while and I want to have this camera converted for IR, the results look nice and I still haven't figured out whether everything is correct with that camera, simply because I don't use the device enough. The b&w photo is a double exposure that in some way reminds me of the famous Belgian artist Magritte.

Last edited:
My favorites are mainly from the same roll of film! :lol: I was super happy to get good results from my expired Kodak HIE (infrared):

Point Pelee cropped.jpg

Storm moving in - Point Pelee.jpg

And I love this one because I worked so hard to get my pollinator garden started last summer:

Coneflower and Bee, resized.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back