What's new

Lookign like a professional photographer has its disadvantages!!!

Theantiquetiger

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 8, 2011
Messages
302
Reaction score
126
Location
Baton Rouge
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While I was walking around the comic con the other day, I was wearing a dual camera sling with my 60D (accessorized with a grip, 70-200, and 430ex speedlite) and a T1i (with 17-50 2.8), so I was looking like a professional photographer.

I come up to the booth that has the old Batmobile. There are signs stating take all the photographs you like from behind the line (or pay some crazy money to pose with it and he takes your picture with a point and shoot, printed on a home printer.

When I got there, he was taking a picture of some people with the car, so I patiently wait. When they were done, he quickly moves three signs near the car and would not get completely out of the way for me to take a picture. I ask him if he could slide the signs forward and he tells me no.

Here is the best I could grab


batmobile by Theantiquetiger, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Comic con is on???
 
The original Batmobile! Now, THAT is cool.

I have a similar story, but it wasn't about anything as cool as the Batmobile; at least with that, you can understand that someone MIGHT possible try to profit from pictures of it.

I was at our local area fair last year--you know, the ones with the cheesy rides that look like they are as likely to fall apart as to actually complete your ride; and the carnys, the traveling folks that just go from one carnival to the next, setting up rides and food stands and then taking them back down, all according to the most "stringent" standards of safety and professionalism, of course. :lmao:
Anyway--I love merry-go-rounds, and this fair has two. One of them wasn't working at the time, so I figured it was the perfect time to get some nice close-ups of some of the different horses on it. One of the carnys was standing there, eyeing me cautiously. His job, apparently, was to stand there and tell everyone that the ride was closed that day, in case they couldn't read the great big sign that said "Ride Closed Today." :lol:
I took a couple of pictures, then start moving around trying to get just the right angle for some close-ups. That's when I saw Mr. Carny moving--right into my picture. He did his level best from that point on to walk around and stand in front of whatever horse he thought I was aiming at, to block the picture. He must have thought I was CLEARLY a suspicious character, spending so much time taking pictures of all the carousel horses! Fortunately for me, there were a lot of horses, and only one Mr. Carny--and he wasn't really all that GOOD at predicting what I was shooting at, so I got several nice shots. And stayed MUCH longer than I would have if he'd just left me alone. :D
 
Yep, if you want nice clear unobstructed images of the Batmobile he wants you to buy his work, otherwise you are shooting the display with all the signs and such. He's there with the car to make money. You may have gotten them moved for a price.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom