Looking at a few filters

Rapala46

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rapala46.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, it's been a loooooong time since I've posted on this website, but college has kept me real busy the past few years. I haven't stopped shooting, just stopped posting for a while. I've got a question regarding a few different filters I'm looking to purchase.

I mostly shoot landscapes, wildlife, sunsets and outdoor scenes when I am camping or hiking and lately I've been thinking about purchasing a few filters to get some different effects on my photographs. First, I've decided that I am going to buy a circular polarizer so that I can get some pictures with deeper skies as well as reduce the glare off of rivers and streams. I'm pretty sure I am going to buy this one. I just want to get some opinions on quality, brand, etc.

Now, the next one I'm a little unsure of. I'm torn between a neutral density filter and/or colored graduated blue/orange filters. I'm not quite sure I fully understand the pros and cons of each, as well as the usefulness of the colored filters. If anyone could give me any pointers in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

I'm sorry if this is a commonly asked question, or if there is another thread on here that could answer all of this for me. I searched through the forums but decided it was best just to ask before I go spending a nice chunk of change of my college student budget. Thanks in advance for the help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back