Looking for a durable tripod head

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My tripod's head seems about to wears out. The ball seems to be lose, and I have to tighten it real hard. I willing to spend under $200 that has bubble levels, and I think the Oben is pretty decent. Any suggestion?

Under $200? Sirui K30x ($142) or for a bit more the K40x ($166).

Following... I'm in the market for legs and a head but not in a hurry to pull the trigger.

My tripod came with the head when I first bought it. How can I detach the head? I noticed there is bolt on the bottom. Should use a hex tool to remove the bolt? I don't want strip it or break it.

It depends on the tripod. My Manfrotto has three screws under the tripod head that hold on the head.

I don't know what you need in a head, but this is what I have and it works perfectly after almost six years:

Manfrotto 496 Compact Ball Head 496 B&H Photo Video

Not a lot of features, but a good solid head for a good price if you don't need anything fancy.

Look used if you can. I picked up an Arca Swiss Monoball that retailed for around $400 for $215.

Jake

It depends on the tripod. My Manfrotto has three screws under the tripod head that hold on the head.

The locking screws are pretty standard, but often not necessary. On some heads they can impede the pan function as well so I tend not to use them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back