What's new

Looking for a new AA charger

RockstarPhotography

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
963
Reaction score
119
Location
Colorado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think my charger is on its last legs. It has treated me good, but they no longer make it soooooooo.....wondering what some other strobist's are using. Heres what I need

1. capable of doing at least 8 batteries, but doesn't have to have all 8 in to charge

2. something that charges fairly fast.

3. "smart" charger that won't overcharge the cells.

4. Trying to stay around 50 bucks, but don't necessarily have to if its a good charger

Thats about it!...I've found a few i like, just kinda wondering what others use or like in case I missed one.
 
I have 2 no name ebay chargers 1-10 cell and 1-8 cell. The 10 cell unit is top notch. The 8 cell is good but takes a while to charge. They don't have a brand name so can't really give you one. I was looking hard for a large good charger and could not find one. Seems everyone I looked at, all the reviews were mixed. Some good ones some bad ones. I have about 72 batteries, maybe a little more. These 2 chargers have woked just fine. The 10 cell is newest but over a year old now. Think it was only $30 and it is a smart charger.
 
I have a similar charger from LaCrosse...it was great until it crapped out on me. Now I need a new one and am considering the C-9000 or maybe an 8-cell charger like that one.
 
I use all Maha/Powerex batteries and chargers and have never had problems. I actually have two, four-battery smart chargers that have worked great for years. I always buy from Thomas Distributing who seem to have decent prices and good customer service, though their website looks like something from 1993. My friend bought a no name 10-cell charger off eBay for $30 and he seems to like it. It's slow, though, because I think it completely discharges the battery first. I think it's this one at the link below.

Largest selection of AAA, AA, C, D, 9V nimh Rechargeable Batteries, Chargers, Sanyo, Eneloop, Maha, Imedion, Powerex

T6988 10 Channel Smart Battery Charger AA AAA NiMH NiCd - eBay (item 290444371540 end time Apr-07-11 16:55:38 PDT)
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom