Looking for a new monitor. Any suggestions?

Branden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been searching online for new displays better than my current ASUS PA248Q. It took me forever to buy that one. lol There are slews of choices available. NEC’s PA241W-BK and PA271W-BK are a couple. There are others out there I have yet to consider. Anything else you would recommend? I want to keep the cost low. 1k is the cap I have set. I use my monitors for software development, photo editing, video editing and occasional gaming. 100% sRGB coverage is important to me. It must display colors accurately after calibration. I know this must be done regularly. Are there any calibration tools you recommend too by the way? I have been eyeballing both NEC’s SpectraView II and X-Rite ColorMunki Photo. I also intend to mount this to a 75/100 VESA stand.

I am a professional photo retouch artist (I use CS6). I use a Lacie 324 and it's calibration unit (very easy to use).....by far the best monitor I have ever used, LOVE IT!

LaCie - LCD Monitors

Do not go for the lacie monitor. Go for a Asus PA249Q or a PA279Q. Or even a dell Ultrasharp.

The first one is about $465 and the second one is about $800. Compared to the LaCie they are far ahead and cheaper. Both monitors are 99% (Adobe RGB), 100% (sRGB), 120% (NTSC) compared to Lacie's 102% of NTSC, 98% of AdobeRGB. That's a more accurate color.

LaCie has a contrast ratio of 1000:1 compared to the 80000000:1(PA24Q) and 100000000:1(PA279Q)

Note that you won't see the true 10-bit colors of any of these monitors unless you have a graphics card that output 10bit. ex. Nvidia Quadro K4000

All plans have yet again changed. Due to recent financial restraints, my budget is now even slimmer. The main reason why I need a more displays is for productivity. I need them for reading code. One does not suffice. NEC's EA244WMi might be a slight improvement over what I have now. It is costs less than $400.00. Whatever monitor/s I do buy will be replaced in the not too distant future. 4k displays are still quite pricey. That will not last when manufactures are looking to increasing their profits again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back