looking for a photo printer at bestbuy

JbleezyJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jflophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have $30 in reward certificates and plan to spend around $100 for a decent photo printer.

I've never had a photo printer before. What do you guys recommend from the bestbuy website?

I have $30 in reward certificates and plan to spend around $100 for a decent photo printer.

I've never had a photo printer before. What do you guys recommend from the bestbuy website?
I don't think there is a decent photo printer made in that price range.

I would recommend using an online lab that makes prints on real photographic paper instead.

I don't think there is a decent photo printer made in that price range.

I would recommend using an online lab that makes prints on real photographic paper instead.

I have a smugmug are they considered a professional photo lab when printing is done through them?

Man, they have a pretty weak selection...

They only have HP and Epson inkjet printers ... that's it, just 2 brands...

I was going to say that I like the Pixma printers, but they don't carry Canon (WTF is wrong with them?)...

I would buy a printer from Newegg and use the $30 gift card towards ink for the printer from BestBuy, assuming they have it. If they don't have the ink, buy a sexy USB cable for your new printer, lol.

I agree with Keith. Forget about trying to print photos at home and just use a good print lab (Mpix.com for example).

O|||||||O is right -- don't limit your printer choices to what they carry at BestBuy.

I used to dream of owning a high-end photo printer. I then priced the printer and the ink supplies and realized that,, unless my volumes went way way up (which they're not going to do), doing it myself was outrageously expensive compared to a good photo lab (e.g. mpix.com). A high-quality printer is going to cost you well over the budget you mentioned. I figured the $$ would be far better spent on glass or other camera accessories. For that reason, I just have my little Canon PIXMA ip6700 which does an adequate job for an occasional small snapshot for family and all else gets sent out.

Most reactions

Back