Looking for a photographer in CO for one shot only

rdubb1031

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my wife and I took a picture at our wedding of us walking near Evergreen Lake. We recently purchased a photo to canvas deal and would like to update this photo with our two dogs and son and print large scale. We thought this could be a cool way to take a family portrait over the years. The only thing is that local photographers want a couple hundred bucks for this one shot which is not feasible for me at this time.. So, I'm hoping I might have some takers to meet us one Saturday, late in the day to take the one shot? I'd be willing to pay for travel expenses or maybe a small fee, or trade for something? If anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks

Last edited:
So my wife and I took a picture at our wedding of us walking near Evergreen Lake. We recently purchased a photo to canvas deal and would like to update this photo with our two dogs and son and print large scale. We thought this could be a cool way to take a family portrait over the years. The only thing is that local photographers want a couple hundred bucks for this one shot.. ridiculous imo.. So, I'm hoping I might have some takers to meet us one Saturday, late in the day to take the one shot? I'd be willing to pay for travel expenses or maybe a small fee, or trade for something? If anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks

Perhaps you could say what you think would be fair for someone to spend time driving there, use his/her expertise and equipment to produce something that you will then get printed in a way that you want?
You know the actual hands-on work for most surgeries isn't that much; perhaps you could negotiate for that also?

You get what you pay for... free is usually worth nothing... advertise on Craigslist or Facebook, and you will get that kind of quality (crappy).

Figure it is going to take at least an hour of someone's time... and offer what might be reasonable for an hours session.

My website is below. I wont be any cheaper though. When I do it, you will get a lot of beautiful photos. Not just one.

time is money! Not only shooting time, but travel time (both ways) and editing time! You have to make it worth someone leaving their family to take a shot for you of yours.

cgipson1 said:
You get what you pay for... free is usually worth nothing... advertise on Craigslist or Facebook, and you will get that kind of quality (crappy).

Figure it is going to take at least an hour of someone's time... and offer what might be reasonable for an hours session.

I completely disagree. There are plenty of people who are trying to build portfolios that may otherwise not get the opportunity. Rather than jump on the guy down the street who has hundred's of clients, why not give someone an opportunity. If I benefit from this then my time asking a simple question paid off. You act as if no one has gotten free services before and that is ridiculous. As a matter of fact, my wife was approached in a similar fashion when we had our first son. Photographer took pre go to two year old pics for free, we had to buy her book in the end. Since then she has booked 5 similar shoots based on marketing those images, so I would say it paid off for both. And they were not "crappy" as you so elegantly put it.

I'm sorry if I'm a little snappy on this but I wasn't asking for everyone's take on free services. I was looking for someone who either wanted more or different experience.

For the record I also give my services as a designer away whenever the situation calls for it. I don't do it all the time but every now and then I like to help someone out. That's all I'm asking.

Schwettylens said:
My website is below. I wont be any cheaper though. When I do it, you will get a lot of beautiful photos. Not just one.

I'm viewing on my tablet. Can you send your site?

The_Traveler said:
Perhaps you could say what you think would be fair for someone to spend time driving there, use his/her expertise and equipment to produce something that you will then get printed in a way that you want?
You know the actual hands-on work for most surgeries isn't that much; perhaps you could negotiate for that also?

^This.

This thread delivers
bigthumb.gif

2WheelPhoto said:
This thread delivers

Isn't that the truth.

Everyone has an opinion these days and most of the time it has nothing to do with the original question. It did get me thinking that aren't we all using free services by using these forums? Why is it OK on here but not in person?

Anyway, offer still stands to anyone interested if you're able to filter thru the BS above...

rdubb1031 said:
Isn't that the truth.

Everyone has an opinion these days and most of the time it has nothing to do with the original question. It did get me thinking that aren't we all using free services by using these forums? Why is it OK on here but not in person?

Anyway, offer still stands to anyone interested if you're able to filter thru the BS above...

No offense but your opening comments about local photogs wanting a couple hundred dollars for this one shot and your calling that ridiculous, I'd say that was where the BS started.

Edit note: correction for colloquialism

rdubb1031 said:
Isn't that the truth.

No offense but your opening comments about local photogs wanting a couple hundred dollars for this one shot and your calling that ridiculous, I'd say that was where the BS started.

Edit note: correction for colloquialism

That's fair I will remove...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back