The first shot almost looks like you tried an hdr effect or something? There is a halo effect around part of the pier and the sky looks unnatural. Not sure if you were trying for the rocks, but personally I would have taken the shot from the other side of the pier if possible.
The second shot looks alright I guess, but it appears to me that the pole is the main subject of the photo and it doesn't work for me (nothing happening).
The third one has the best over all exposure, but that boulder is a bit distracting.
The last one, according to your exif data was shot in automatic. The shutter speed was 1/200, which is fine if you're trying to stop motion. Also you shot into the light during mid afternoon, which isn't helping. For that particular shot (if I was going to shoot into the direction of the sun at that time of day), I would have been in manual mode, used a smaller aperture, small enough to darken the sky quite a bit, (or use a neutral density filter) so I could use a slower shutter speed, to say a third of a sec., and a tripod or by the looks of your location maybe a mini tripod. If nothing else it would have given the water a milky or smokey look.
But as you said you're new and this is how you learn. keep shooting, A good tip it to look around the forum and ask questions when you see a picture you like, or go on youtube and search. There are a couple of pros on there that show some basic tips to get started. You may learn enough from the tips on there to at least get started taking better pictures in just a few hours of watching, listening and learning.