looking for criticism!

I would recommend putting your photos in [ img ] tags. Most people on this forum see links and hit the back button.

#1 is under exposed on your subject (the statue). I would use photoshop or similar to brighten it. I would also have taken the picture more to the left (so the statue is on the right of the photo with the boat towards the middle and the bay out to the left). I would recommend reading up on "the rule of thirds". It will help you compose your pictures.

#2 I would have like to have seen a tighter crop on the rollercoaster. You have good exposure on this one.

#3 is my favorite. I think you nailed it. What an interesting location to shoot! Where is that?

#4 suffers because the subject is in the center of the image again. It's an interesting shot, but I think a tighter crop of the plant and off to one side or the other would make it 10 times better.

You have talent. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

Clicked on the first one and didn't care to see the rest. Exposure was off and it wasn't very interesting. Try not to center your subject... Use the rule of thirds to correct both problems. Rule Of Thirds

The sky looks great! Try some post processing with any number of programs. Gimp is a free one that works a lot like Photoshop.

Keep shooting!!!

Thanks a lot! I'm going to try to figure out how upload the pictures better.
The third picture was in Manhattan Beach, CA right before sunset and it was really windy so the sand made the sky kind of hazy.

I like #3.

#3 Has redeeming qualities, however did you shoot more pics that day? Would like to see what else you captured, maybe you have some sleepers you are not sharing from that day?

1-underexposed.
2-nice one.
3-great photo though the barrel on the right doesnt do it any good.
4-like it so much.

post some more photos.

#1 way under exposed. the clouds did it. try spot exposing to the statue's base

#2 is decent

#3 I don't like the glare but it's ok otherwise

#4 you need a subject

3-great photo though the barrel on the right doesnt do it any good.

I don't know about that. I think what's so appealing to me is how it looks like a desert encroaching on civilization after Armageddon. The pipe to the left and the barrels off to the right just give it such a creepy impact to me. Although, I would prefer that it wasn't cut off...

*EDIT*

kirbynb: Check out this thread. It explains how to get your photos to show on the forum correctly. You can go back and edit your original post so the pictures are shown. Here's the thread: How to post pictures and use forum functions: A pictoral guide to using TPF

Most reactions

New Topics

Back