Looking for input

ShawnaD

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was really excited to find this flower against this old building. I liked the contrast between the two objects. Any advice on editing? I'm just getting started.

Photo's not showing up, let me help..

4977525362_93b7051864_b.jpg

EDIT:
Here's what I'd do with it. Crop it down some to give the bloom more presence and get rid of the distracting crooked right side. Increase contrast in the wood to show off some more of the nice texture. Add a border, well... because they make simple shots look better I think (I also think a border compliments the strong horizontal lines in this shot).

DW2Ry.jpg

2nd EDIT:

I think it's even better (proportionally) cropped down a bit more...
REwkd.jpg

Last edited:
I was really excited to find this flower against this old building. I liked the contrast between the two objects. Any advice on editing? I'm just getting started.

Your img tags are wrong, should be a URL tag instead. People can see it here however IMG_7939 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Personally I like the shot, nice texture against the flower for the background, iffy on the far right side though, I am really on the fence whether it works or not. Good shot though!

Thanks guys...I like it with more contrast.

Gonna try again just so I can learn how to do it for the next time. Is this the right one? If not, where do I find it in Flickr? :blushing:

8zR7SN

where do I find it in Flickr? :blushing:

8zR7SN

Ok, in flickr. You first click on the thumbnail, it brings up your photo in medium size with description. Then you'll get the magnifying glass as a cursor when you mouse over the image. Click it again and you'll see it against a gray background, set up for a slideshow. At the top right of the page there is a button that reads 'view all sizes.' Click that and you'll be able to choose the size to view it as. You then can right-click the image and in the menu choose "copy image location" (in firefox..) and that copies the URL. Then you click the icon on the posting window in this forum, just above where you type... 2nd row, 2nd from the right. If you mouse over it it'll read "insert image." Paste the URL you copied from flickr into the dialog box and your picture should show up.

EDIT:
...oh well looks like you figured it out on your own, ha.

I like this, only thing i could think of is perhaps make the flower farther away from the background. Maybe move to one side a little if possible and open up the F/stop a little to get a little shallower DOF. The image has alot of potential.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back