Looking for new camera and conflicted - MFT or APS-C

dyous87 said:
I really don't want to get another DSLR. I've wanted a good mirrorless system for a while. I loved my original E-PL1 and I am happy with the photos my current a3000 takes. I want to go for something a step up next. It is definately between Sony, Fuji and Oly now. I just need to play with the different systems and see which one speaks out to me.

Have you checked out sansmirror.com and all of the reviews that he has on the various mirrorless systems? There is some really good information there, in the form of in-depth lens and camera reviews, as well as analysis/commentary/comparison articles. One issue for example, is the way the Fuji X-Trans sensor's raw files are not handled all that well by Adobe software. And the Fuji lenses are, well, pretty SOLID, and well, kind of heavy. You really ought to get into a store and see how the merchandise feels, and how it handles, and how it fits together. Again, in-store demos bring those intangibles I mentioned a few posts back out into the open, for each prospective buyer. It's one thing to read spec sheets and equipment lists, but another thing to find out if a camera and its lenses agree with your ideas or not. Good luck!
Adobe has fixed the RAW problem. (At least for most of the people that were complaining about it on a Fuji forum I frequent. I don't use Lightroom so it was never a problem.)

Most reactions

Back