looking for photojournalistic classes in New York city

qamile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi everybody,
i write from Italy, i'm projecting a long staying in New York for next spring/summer. I'm a professional photographer, I studied fashion photography and now i'm looking for a course of photojournalisti/documentary photography in New York.

It's not necessary to receive a school-leaving qualification at the end of the course. So i'd like classes, workshops, not necessary a course.
But i would like it is intensive, during 2 or 3 months.
I could spend 2000 euro (2500 dollars) for the classes and I have just my photography equipement (lights-softbox-camera).

Can you PLEASE advice me about cool courses you know in New York?
I obviously looked for them in internet and i all ready wrote to some schools but i'm sure you can advice me better!
I wait for maaaany answers!
THANKS A LOT!
CIAO
QAMILE

Wish you success.
Posting this introduction ONCE is definitely enough. OK?
Other threads got deleted.

HI Qamile,
I'm writing from Italy too. In NY there's the International Center of Photography that offers many photojournalism or documentary photography classes. I took many of them and I really found them useful and perfect for what I wanted, a lot of practice and not too much theory. But it all depends on the photographers/teachers who held the courses.
In case you want to stay in Europe, an Photo Center that teaches also photojournalism, photo essay, etc is opening in Finland in 2011, in Lahti, near Helsinki. All the courses will be in English and taught by professional photographers and photojournalists. Take a look: www.internationalphotocenter.com
Ciao
Myrea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back