Looking for premium compact camera

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I'm used to shooting solely with my Canon 80d and an array of lenses, mostly wildlife and some sports. I would like to get a "point and shoot" sized camera WITHOUT interchangeable lenses. Something I can shoot jpeg & raw with good image quality and use input available for $700 or under (I know this is difficult, just think in this price range). Any ideas? Not loyal to any company though Nikon, Fuji and Panasonic come to mind as I've had all 3 in a point and shoot at one point.

Take a look at Panasonic, they make great cameras..........

I use a Motorola Moto with the Hasselblad camera attachment. It will let you shoot in RAW and if you already have a MOTO phone, the Hasselblad attachment can be had for about $150. It has a 1x10 optical zoom, is good for casual snapshots and has the IQ of your typical point and shoot.

I have a Sony DSC rx100 4 I took to Europe. Small size meant I could put it in a murse (man purse lol) a fanny pack or small shoulder sling. It's 1 inch sensor gives incredible detail. Combined with Zeiss 1.4 (I think it's that fast) and full auto or manual and I got low light night shots that were incredible. There are accessories. It connects to my iPhone or iPad wirelessly and the only bad thing is it eats batteries. Buy 5 or a car charger. Get good quality SD as it shoots great video.

Can't say enough good things. I am almost ready to sell my Sony A72 and several high end lenses as it's just two bulky. I used the little one with no flash and got cathedrals with detail rivaling full frame.
IMG_0516.JPG
_DSC0774.JPG
none have been photoshopped. With some touch up I think you get the idea. Oh and the view finder screen moves so you can do street photog without holding it to your face but in the case you want to there is a Oled viewfinder that pops up. There is even a small flash should you need it that you can point up or down in rare occasions for fill etc. I don't use it much. It is great to travel with!!
_DSC0728.JPG
ahhh. Last point. I thought the limited zoom would be bad. It's not. The wide angle is great as you can see in the Venis square. You can crop because of the 1inch sensor. It does zoom some you can Google all the details. Can't say enough about the portability quality and accessories. Yes. Filters. Leather grips etc. Outstanding. Great to travel I have an iPhone x and notice a big difference in the quality of you want to crop or get detail. Colors are very accurate. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. Yes it does raw. I have tried several other point and shoot size that give me full control. The Zeiss glass is worth it. Mine was about 1000 so a little more than you said but in my humble opinion with every penny. I was in the catacombs. No photos allowed. Flash will eat away the paintings. I used a setting that is like HDR. Ill look to see if I can find a few.
IMG_1831.JPG
no flash. Guides flashlight. Handheld. I tried to only take a few of the beautiful Fresco's respecting Holiness of the area. This is a picture i'd seen on Google. I really just wanted to see the limits of the camera. Venis at night was amazing to photograph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatever Sony RX100 version that fits your budget

I have the Sony RX100iii & iv. Both good travel cameras with fixed lens. I use mine primarily for video. Check out Best Buy open box online.

I am interested in what you guys are paying in the USA for these Sonys. Our normal retail price ranges from $500 for RX100 to $1700 for RX100 V1. This is in Australian dollars.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ricoh GRII digital. New, around $600. APC size sensor, fits in pocket. 28mm (35mm equivalent), shoots DNG raw and jpeg. Excellent image quality and very small.

Ricoh GRII. Offbeat but a very sweet hi-end p&s. Metal body, quality optics, good image quality. IMHO, among the last of the breed available new. Read some reviews.

Fuji X100F great walk around camera. My studio go to are Canon (1dx, 5DMark IV) but the Fuji lot less bulky, easy to travel and good on the budget!

I shoot a little, older Nikon V2 when traveling/hiking, etc... when I'm too lazy to drag around a D800 and 2.8's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back