Looking for Shutter release

Joe Skaggs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just resurrected a Agfa B2Commander probably made in the 1940s???

Does anyone have or know where I could purchase a mechanical shutter release cable?

I have tried a couple at the local photo shop and none seemed to screw in to the whole on top.

I have actuated the camera by inserting a paperclip into the whole now all I need is one that mate up wit the whole in top of camera and screw in.

Thank you,

Joe

Attachments

• IMG_52226small.jpg
    IMG_52226small.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_52225small.jpg
    IMG_52225small.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_52224small.jpg
    IMG_52224small.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 121
Give yourself an Xmas gift and order a Nikon AR-3. Silky smooth, lockable and durable. Around $18.

Doesn't the shutter release button work?

Expert on Agfa.... www.certo6.com , go to website and find the guys email, send him a note, he will respond. I bought a reasonably priced Isolette II from him that he superbly refurbished.

I had two of those until just last year. I seem to remember that I gave them away. Sorry.

He probably wants to minimize camera movement by using a cable release.

I know why cable releases are used.

Would it be all right with you if we let HIM answer the question?

Last edited:
Unless the Agfa is an odd size, you find find them all over the internet. I plugged in mechanical shutter release cable into Amazon and a ton of them came up.

Yes, well I hope it does, I just sent first roll of film shot thru this camera in a long time.

I want to shoot off of a tripod and want to minimize camera movement by using a cable release when shooting low ISO film. Also since I am 61 years old and not as steady as I once was and 250/sec is highest shutter speed movement will always be a factor.

Thanks for question.

Joe

Last edited:

Yes, well I hope it does, I just sent first roll of film shot thru this camera in a long time.

I want to shoot off of a tripod and want to minimize camera movement by using a cable release when shooting low ISO film. Also since I am 61 years old and not as steady as I once was and 250/sec is highest shutter speed movement will always be a factor.

Thanks for question.

Joe
Well, there you go! That is exactly what I thought. Obviously you would want to minimize camera shake when you want to use a slow shutter. I was right. Sorry that I don't have one to send you.

Yes, Designer, you correctly guessed the obvious reason that we already knew.

You must be very proud.

You must be very proud.

I feel like I am missing something here? What's the deal?

Joe

Just a little locker room banter. :)

He probably wants to minimize camera movement by using a cable release.

I know why cable releases are used.

Would it be all right with you if we let HIM answer the question?

You must be very proud.
Oh, YEAH!!!!!!! HUAH!!!!!! Buwaba BuwabaBuwaba!!!!! :headbang::icon_cheers::smiley_simmons::trink39::wav::icon_bounce::icon_compress::headbang::guitar::band::bek113::boogie:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back