Looking for some forum related help, NOT Photography

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of the forums I am a member of have the option to "display newest messages first" so if I click on a thread, the top message isnt atually the orignal post, its the most recent... can you do this with TPF???

also, I'm wondering if there is a way to do a quick "mark as read" in the forum... for some reason, my computer doesnt always log the messages as read.. so I can go through, read the new ones, and they are no longer bolded (implying new posts) but then, I go back to the forum, and they are all bolded again, but yet there is nothing new... I havent cleared any of my cookies or internet files.. but it still does this... how can I prevent it from happening?

Some of the forums I am a member of have the option to "display newest messages first" so if I click on a thread, the top message isnt atually the orignal post, its the most recent... can you do this with TPF???
I am assuming you mean the little gray down arrow displayed next to the thread title. That will get you to the first unread post in the thread.

also, I'm wondering if there is a way to do a quick "mark as read" in the forum... for some reason, my computer doesnt always log the messages as read.. so I can go through, read the new ones, and they are no longer bolded (implying new posts) but then, I go back to the forum, and they are all bolded again, but yet there is nothing new... I havent cleared any of my cookies or internet files.. but it still does this... how can I prevent it from happening?
It's the same for me. If you visit too soon, the threads you've already read are still listed as unread.

You can go to the "Forum Tools" box just above the thread listings on the right side. There you can select "mark this forum read" for each individual subsection, or I believe if you do it on the root forum, it will mark everything read in the entire forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back