Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I will be heading to Dublin, Ireland for an eye operation on Wednesday this week. My surgery will be Thursday, and I have been told that I should be able to do some sightseeing from the Monday after. I will not be renting a car (not planning on driving for a little while after), so I am looking for some nice scenic locations in or around Dublin. Preferably some old pubs, loches, rivers, old pubs, mountains, old watermills, old pubs, fisheries, grazing fields, old pubs, and did I mention old pubs?
Any info that could be passed on, would greatly appreciated. I will have about 1 week to get out and shoot, and as long as I am up to it physically (and can see well enough - Thank g-d for auto-focus), I plan on being out and about as much possible.

looking forward to all your help,

Bruce

um... is there anywhere in Ireland that isn't scenic? Make sure to get a pic at the Guiness Storehouse.

I have not lived in Dublin for a while but here goes-

Temple bar south of the liffey (very central) has a lot of bars and people-
Grafton street is the shopping area but good for street photos
Trinity College is nice for structure and that- (its near one end grafton street)
St Stephens green is a nice park opposite side of grafton street-

All above are in a small enough area that can be easily walked-

North of the river is the pheonix park with Dublin zoo- nice area with deer and The presidents house
You may have to google but there is a canal going through Dublin that is worth checking out
Croke park is the GAA playing ground for all Ireland finals

Thats a start anyway

um... is there anywhere in Ireland that isn't scenic? Make sure to get a pic at the Guiness Storehouse.

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the reply. I've never been to Ireland and therefroe don't "know", where the scenic spots are, but I've always felt a wee bit Irish meself (okay, being honest more of a leprechaun) and always wanted to visit this magical island. Unfortunately, the one time I make it, is not for sightseeing, but for eye surgery. And amazingly enough, you need eyes to both "sight" and "see".
As for the Guinness storehouse, by faith and begora, I'll be there.

I have not lived in Dublin for a while but here goes-

Temple bar south of the liffey (very central) has a lot of bars and people-
Grafton street is the shopping area but good for street photos
Trinity College is nice for structure and that- (its near one end grafton street)
St Stephens green is a nice park opposite side of grafton street-

All above are in a small enough area that can be easily walked-

North of the river is the pheonix park with Dublin zoo- nice area with deer and The presidents house
You may have to google but there is a canal going through Dublin that is worth checking out
Croke park is the GAA playing ground for all Ireland finals

Thats a start anyway

WOW jaomul!! Thanks so much for the info. i will definitely look those sights up.
Nothing like getting info from someone who actually lived in the area. :thumbup:

[/QUOTE]

WOW jaomul!! Thanks so much for the info. i will definitely look those sights up.
Nothing like getting info from someone who actually lived in the area. :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Enjoy- dont forget to post afterwards- good luck with the surgery

Nothing like getting info from someone who actually lived in the area. :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Enjoy- dont forget to post afterwards- good luck with the surgery[/QUOTE]
Most certainly shall. and thanks so much for the well wishes.

Most reactions

Back