Looking for some help

Kzoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello my name is Kevin, I was looking at the Canon EOS Rebel K2 35mm Date SLR Camera and I am just starting now i was wondering if this would be a good film slr to start with and grow with also what lens would you suggest i start with i want to take a variety of shots including, people action shots flatland bmx to be specific etc. if this is not a camera you think i should start with please help me out thanks

I am pretty sure that will be a good camera to start out on. for a lens I would recommend a zoom in the 24-100 range. and for action shots a faster lens like f/2.8 might be beneficial. if you are more specific we can help you better with lens choice. I know a couple people that shoot bmx with a 50mm f/1.8, they don't have the ability to zoom but the lens is great and very fast. btw I ride BMX as well, but more street oriented than flatland

im really looking for all around if at all possible something to grow with and start with like 2 lens and the camera body of course

an all-around lens (wide range zoom) will be either rather expensive if it should give really good image quality, or it will be rather poor in IQ.

With primes (like said 50mm) you get excellent IQ for relatively little money. but of course they are much less versatile.

maybe get a 50mm f/1.8 and some older second hand 28-100-ish zoom? Then you have a fast prime, very good in low light, nice for portraits and many situations, and you have a versatile zoom for the rest (with limitations in IQ though). How does that sound for a start?

I'd really look into second hand gear.

an all-around lens (wide range zoom) will be either rather expensive if it should give really good image quality, or it will be rather poor in IQ.

With primes (like said 50mm) you get excellent IQ for relatively little money. but of course they are much less versatile.

maybe get a 50mm f/1.8 and some older second hand 28-100-ish zoom? Then you have a fast prime, very good in low light, nice for portraits and many situations, and you have a versatile zoom for the rest (with limitations in IQ though). How does that sound for a start?

I'd really look into second hand gear.
would keh be the site to look for these at good prices also could you link me to the ones at not so bad prices i should look into and should i be looking for auto focus lens or manual ? http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/ProductList.aspx?Mode=searchproducts&item=0&ActivateTOC2=false&ID=&Size=&BC=&BCC=&CC=6&CCC=2&BCL=&GBC=&GCC=&KW=50mm%20f1.4 I'm looking at these not sure wich to get don't want to spend more then i really need to

Nice tables. 2000's or 2300's? Is that the 05 III in the center?

I've got TTX's and a 56 ;)

2000mk2pro and 05II with proxfader , any tips ?

On cutting? Shoot me a PM.

no i know how to cut im talking about this thread

Hello my name is Kevin, I was looking at the Canon EOS Rebel K2 35mm Date SLR Camera and I am just starting now i was wondering if this would be a good film slr to start with and grow with also what lens would you suggest i start with i want to take a variety of shots including, people action shots flatland bmx to be specific etc. if this is not a camera you think i should start with please help me out thanks
If you're set on Canon, and you don't want to break the bank, try the A2. It has nice features, should hold up better than a Rebel, and priced not much more on the used market. As for a lens, I think it's always good to start with the standard 50mm.

I don't think buying from a reputable dealer is necessarily the best way to go, but if you insist, try Cameta in NY.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back