Artethepunk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I am just beginning, this would be my first film camera and was looking for a 35mm slr thatd be good at landscapes and portraits, I would love one that has a timer, light meter would be cool although not needed. I would like it below $150 although I can probably go to 200, probably used

Find a pawn shop that has a Pentax K1000. The meters are the best anyone ever offered in a 35mm and they are sturdy. I had them in my classroom for over 15 years and many thousands of students and they held up better than any of the Canons, Minoltas or Nikons.

I will second buying a K-1000. I bought mine around 30 years ago, and plan on selling it in a yard sale later this summer (I replaced it with a K-70 in 2018).

Yes for sure K1000......!!!!!
Make sure you buy a pre-1990 as the post 1990 were made in China and are not built as well as the older ones.

Make sure you buy a pre-1990 as the post 1990 were made in China and are not built as well as the older ones.
While the Hong Kong K1000s (which I have) were perhaps not as good as the Japanese production I think that quality took another drop when production moved to mainland China. I used my Hong Kong K1000 with no problems for nearly thirty years before I replaced it with my K-70. Certainly I have never had a "grindy" feel to the film advance lever on my Hong Kong K1000, which was a major complaint after production moved to the mainland.

I have a Nikon N6006 with zoom lens. It has manual and auto settings, timer, built-in flash, all the bells and whistles and very cheap.;

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Another one is the Asahi Pentax Spotmatic as the meter in it is pretty much superior to anything in its day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back