Looking through VF with glasses

Richard Hutchings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I'm having trouble viewing the settings listed at the bottom of the viewfinder on my Nikon D5600. I think it's because my glasses put me too far from the viewer. How do you deal with this?

I use the diopter to adjust the viewfinder to my eyesight and do not wear my glasses - I just push them up on top of my head or put them in my pocket.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

I use the diopter to adjust the viewfinder to my eyesight and do not wear my glasses - I just push them up on top of my head or put them in my pocket.

Not an option for me, as I can't see without my glasses.
And it is a BAD idea to shoot sports when you can't watch what is going on around you.

I am able to see everything in the viewfinder of my D7200.

But, if you have deep eye sockets, that could make the problem worse, as the glasses can't get close enough to your eye.

"Eye relief' is the specification. Eyeglass wearers have long been at a disadvantage in seeing ALL parts of the viewfinder.

I am old and have terrible vision and wear progressive bifocals. I have not had a problem with any of my 4 Nikon bodies by adjusting the diopter on the right side of the view finder. Is it time for bifocals?

I have owned cameras for most of my life and never had a problem with wearing glasses....

I wear Varifocals and feel fine, sometimes I will take them off though.

The problem isn't seeing through the VF, its reading the info at the bottom. I like to adjust things while I'm looking through but sometimes the letters aren't visible and I have to readjust my eye up or down. Pia.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The problem isn't seeing through the VF, its reading the info at the bottom. I like to adjust things while I'm looking through but sometimes the letters aren't visible and I have to readjust my eye up or down. Pia.
I agree. Like you, I have to look for it.

When I bought binoculars, the eye relief specification was the most important to me.

Removing and replacing my glasses is not going to happen.

Yes, lasik is on my to do list.

I wear glasses primarily to protect my one dry eye, to keep wind off it and dust away.

I have that problem as well. Oh to be young again.

I don’t like pressing my glasses to the viewfinder either - partially because I can’t see the info at the bottom, but also because it’s uncomfortable to me and I end up with permanently smudged glasses. Instead, I got an additional diopter eyepiece and adjust the built-in diopter until it almost matches my prescription. This allows me to use the viewfinder without glasses, which I find much more comfortable and usable. The downside is that I have to keep taking my glasses on and off, but that’s what works best for me.

Most reactions

Back