Looking through VF with glasses

Lifetime glasses wearer here too but I've managed to deal with it when looking through the viewfinder.

Lasik may be an option but honestly glasses really aren't that much of a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LASIK is only going to help correct distance-vision issues. I had it done 20 years ago and even though I couldn't read the big "E" on the eye chart, I walked out 20/20 and still am.

Having trouble reading the display in the viewfinder is probably being caused by changes in your up-close vision and is corrected by adjusting the diopter.

No, it's not that the text is blurry, I can read it fine once I adjust my eye placement. Without glasses my eye fits right where it's supposed to and I can see fine. Once I put the glasses on, I have to fiddle with my eye placement cause it's too far away and I don't see everything that is in there. With glasses you get a partial view. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

that's a big problem with the smaller crop bodies. I love the D800 viewfinder in comparison.

its worse when wearing glasses. everything about glasses suck.

Having trouble reading the display in the viewfinder is probably being caused by changes in your up-close vision and is corrected by adjusting the diopter.
No, it's just that the bottom line is not readily noticed, but I can see it if I move my eye up just a bit. It's not my vision, it's the eye relief that is the problem. I could easily read the information without glasses, but I don't want to remove and replace my glasses. I wear them all day, and when it's particularly windy, I use side shields on my glasses.

No, it's just that the bottom line is not readily noticed, but I can see it if I move my eye up just a bit. It's not my vision, it's the eye relief that is the problem. I could easily read the information without glasses, but I don't want to remove and replace my glasses. I wear them all day, and when it's particularly windy, I use side shields on my glasses.

Now I get it and I'm afraid that I don't have a suggestion for that one, I can't say that I've ever had that issue.

But I often work under a microscope and am very used to moving my eyes/head around to see something rather than moving the object I'm working on and maybe I just do that with my camera and never noticed.

Most reactions

Back