Looking to improve my portrait skills so need 2 advices

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1.I want a second flash for off camera use using camera commander
2.Also to work on the pictures I need Photoshop, which model of this program do I need to buy ?

Since money is an issue I don't think I can afford a Nikon flash and I know many of the third party flashes are actually good so which one would you recommend for me to get ?
Also the Photoshop has various models, Elements, CS, CC
Not sure which one to get, I will need it mostly to heal and clone, yes I know my LR5 has it too but I learned how to do this on Photoshop and find it easier for this specific task.

I would go with either Yongnuo or Nissin for economy-priced third-party flashes. Metz if you can afford a little more.

Photoshop-wise, go for the $10/month photographer's "bundle" subscription which gives you both Lightroom and full-on Photoshop, and all the updates.

Agree with tirediron, specifically a yongnuo yn 568 ex, has hss, and works with Nikon cls.

Photoshop/Lightroom combo in photographers bundle is imo great value, you get a lot, you get a bill every month as well, but it's not a big outlay at any one stage

Thank you "tirediron" and "jaomul" for your informative feedback, I will check the Yongnuo 568 EX and the bundle for my Photoshop needs.

I have a yongnuo flash, and it's pretty impressive for the price. Fits in well with my Nikon strobes (even used it with the Profoto setup and it worked well).

Jake

I have three Yongnuo flashes; as long as you're comfortable working in manual mode (mine don't support TTL, anyway), Yongnuo light is just as good as Nikon or Canon light.

Thank you all for your help, much appreciated.

I have ordered yesterday The Yangnuo YN-568EX
I have also got the 10$ monthly fee Photoshop Cloud

Problem is that now this Photoshop crashes my computer, every time I work on it my computer freezes completely, just getting the electric plug lets me restart it.
Adobe tech got into computer but didnt solve problem :(

Most reactions

Back