Looking to upgrade?

crayolamarker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.loganfessler.com
Ive been thinking about upgrading my D70 lately and i have been thinking about the D200 or the D2X. I was also thinking about not upgrading the camera but investing in some new lenses and filters. I really dont know what way to go.
Any advice?

Don't know much about he D200 or the D2X, but ask yourself this. Is there something the D200 or the D2X has or does that D70 prevents you from obtaining the photographs you desire? I personally believe that lenses and the quality of glass is a better investment than the camera itself.

What do you have for lenses now? You will see more improvements with better glass than you will with a new body. Quality lenses on a D70 will provide better shots than cheap glass on a D200 or D2X. I guess the answer will depend on what you have for lenses now. If you're shooting with the 18-70mm kit or the 70-300mm then get better lenses with the money. If you already have glass like a 70-200mm f/2.8 or 17-55mm f/2.8DX or maybe the 28-70 f/2.8 then go for the new body.

Not that the 18-70 and 70-300 are bad lenses, but if your ready to drop $2000 - $5000 on a new body you can get a couple of really great lenses for the money and see better results.

I HIGHLY recommend the AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8 G IF-ED.

crayolamarker said:
Ive been thinking about upgrading my D70 lately and i have been thinking about the D200 or the D2X. I was also thinking about not upgrading the camera but investing in some new lenses and filters. I really dont know what way to go.
Any advice?

What is it you are dissatisfied with ?

Im not dissatisfied with it. Just was thinking about adding a D200 or a D2X to the collection.
Im going to go the lens way.
Im going to try and pick up a 17-55mm on the way home from work. Im thinking about the 70-200mm and looking into getting a macro lens and some filters as well. Im thinking the Cokin P.

crayolamarker said:
Im not dissatisfied with it. Just was thinking about adding a D200 or a D2X to the collection.
Im going to go the lens way.
Im going to try and pick up a 17-55mm on the way home from work. Im thinking about the 70-200mm and looking into getting a macro lens and some filters as well. Im thinking the Cokin P.

good choice :)

Please post your impressions of the 17-55mm f/2.8. I'm trying to decide between that lens and the 28-70mm f/2.8. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back