Artograph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...for feedback/critique, please!! :hug::

100_9540sepiawillowtreeandwater-1.jpg

100_9542sepiashore-1.jpg

Your first image reminds me of Lee Friedlander images of the Parks at the MET I saw a while back. He just came to mind. Love the reflection.

Hi Arto,

I wish the first one was more horizontal. It's so close that it really sticks out. Otherwise.... you know I'm a fan of your pictures. I recognize that sepia tone as your hallmark but can't help to wonder if you are going to branch out and show us some more styles? Or have I just joined
during your sepia phase?

leigh

Hi Arto,

I wish the first one was more horizontal. It's so close that it really sticks out. Otherwise.... you know I'm a fan of your pictures. I recognize that sepia tone as your hallmark but can't help to wonder if you are going to branch out and show us some more styles? Or have I just joined
during your sepia phase?

leigh

Hey! Thanks for the feedback! I'd like to go back and try again....maybe early some morning when the water is like glass....and maybe there'll be a more interesting sky....yep--need to go out and try again!!

Sepia....ah yes, my friend 'sepia'!! LOL!! I don't know...I just really like it!! Also...In this case I felt that with all the texture of the trees, and water it might look better in sepia, rather than have the colour fighting against the texture?? Dunno?

Bump....any other feedback? :blushing:

They both look like they could use a little straightening.

Otherwise, I like them

...Is that the reflection of a bird in the first one? It would be cool if you could see the bird too.

Hiya Art.

I like the first one very much. The second didn't excite me.

The water is very pretty and the reflection and colors in the water are awesome. The sky is kinda unfortunate and should probably be minimized even more... or go back when there are some interesting clouds and pull it off again.

BOTH seem tilted slightly.

I found myself wanting the first one to be more landscape than portrait.

Still, nice stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I like the portrait setup for these, and yes, the horizon in the first could be straightened, but please don't for your second one. I think the diagonal of the shore is quite pleasing.

Hey! Thanks for the feedback everyone! Yeah...I realize that both are a wee bit tilted :sexywink:....but I don't have a program to fix that (yet...maybe someday!!) LOL!!

I tried 'portrait'...just because I thought it might be "different"....in a good way!!

It does seem to be a bird in the reflection...and I agree...it would be nice to see him in the sky as well....aw yeck, what can ya do!! ;) There is also something in the first one...a fish maybe...a lily pad...dunno...but it makes me crazy when I look at it!

The sky is definately most disappointing!! ...I am planning on going back to try again....when I get a chance!!

Thanks again...I appreciate the feedback!!!

You don't have an app to fix the tilt? Photoshop and Gimp will both do it, and Gimp is free.

Okay Arto, now I'm seriously bumming out.

First I find out that your great images are shot with a p/s, and now I find out that you haven't post processed them?

...wanders away mumbling to self...​

Most reactions

New Topics

Back