Lost Ball

laynea24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My little brother and I went on an adventure the other day. He was not very patient. As I took this photo, I thought of kids playing a game of baseball until the TRAGIC loss of their ball to the woods. Of course, no one would want to venture into the unknown, so here sits this ball... forever.

$LBB_0112eweb.jpg

Not bad, thought about a B&W conversion? I'm bored, so here's what I came up with.
$LBB_0112eweb.jpg

Hey, that does look good in B&W! Didn't even think to try it. You're full of good ideas!

Never said either was more correct than the other; I love BW, and do think it takes focus off the oof BG and brings more attention to the subject.

I'd keep the color but desaturate some of the background.

Thanks to all! And I will try that, Ken.

Anymore thoughts on this?

I like both photos, but I prefer the color. It actually made me think of what a baseball looks like after my dog plays a few rounds of fetch.

I like the story that goes with the photo. Very much what I thought when I saw the ball before I read your story. Very nice, very full of nostalgia. Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks for the comments. I appreciate them.

B&W doesn't always work, and here the colour photo is so much better to my eye as the texture is lost in the conversion. I agree with Ken that the ball needs to stand out more, though.

Nice photo.

Here's my take, if you don't mind. I added some contrast and warmed the ball's color a bit. Let me know what you think!
$LBB_0112eweb.jpg

I like it. It looks good. I think mine may convey a more lost emotion though.

Most reactions

Back