Lost my Harley Davidson...

Paul, that's a nice and classy ride!:thumbup:

Ha ha ha... Not for me

Food for thought though... Could you find parts for this bike in 20 years from now? Because you can with a Harley.

I think I'll find parts for this in 20 years, considering it's been in production for 24....:lol:

As for the pipes, all you have to do is crack the throttle and old people roll up their windows, mothers hide their children, and guy's heads turn while their wives look in disgust.
The funniest thing is....the kids in their turbo rice burners never learn the meaning of power-to-weight ratio (210hp/550lbs = FAST)

DSC_0334-1.jpg

DSC_0349.jpg

Paul, that's a nice and classy ride!:thumbup:

Mitica100, Thanks man. When it comes down to it, whatever you decide to get, enjoy it, and ride safely. :thumbup:

I think I'll find parts for this in 20 years, considering it's been in production for 24....:lol:
Nice ride.

As for parts, I don't think I could find parts for this after 20 years...

1983 Honda Nighthawk CB550SC

URL]

I know I found parts easily after 20 years. I sold it in 2006, 23 years after it was built and right before I sold it, I had to fix a few things. Found parts quite easily, new parts. Stock pipes, starter, stator and rotor, heads, valves, cams, clutch, fuses, brakes, and just about anything else was easily available (I didn't replace all this, just know it was easily available.)

Thanks all... I'll think I'll stick with a bigger hog. Something like a Street or Road Glide. ;)

Class can be found made on two wheels and in the USA.:p

Woohoo...congrats to you both!!! :goodvibe:

I used to ride as well (before kids!)....a Honda....you know....*sniffle*...the ones you won't wave to. Boo:sad anim:hoooooo!!!!

:naughty:

P.S. Yes, I'm a "girl"!!!! :eyebrows:

LOL! :sexywink:

Wow, so there are bike flames similar to the Nikon/Canon crowd.... :lmao:

Who knew?

Dimitri, congrats to Mrs. D!!! Your wife sounds like the bomb, stealing your Harley.... :biglaugh: You'll have to buy her some sweet gear when y'all go cruising. :thumbup:

Who knew?

Dimitri, congrats to Mrs. D!!! Your wife sounds like the bomb, stealing your Harley.... :biglaugh: You'll have to buy her some sweet gear when y'all go cruising. :thumbup:

I hear ya...

She's got the wares as we speak. All dressed up and ready to go. Me? Bikeless...:(

And yeah, Harleys are a matter of mind over matter (pardon the redundancy here), a personal choice I made after riding some of the 'other' wimpy bikes. ;)

I hear ya...

She's got the wares as we speak. All dressed up and ready to go. Me? Bikeless...:(

And yeah, Harleys are a matter of mind over matter (pardon the redundancy here), a personal choice I made after riding some of the 'other' wimpy bikes. ;)
Sounds like it's time for an early Christmas present for yourself....have fun shopping for the new bike together. :thumbup: I think it's a great shared interest. :D

Unfortunately, I live on a street that has two bars at the end of it, and I have two baby girls, 3 and 1 who nap twice daily.. And they need to sleep at night. So you can imagine my disgust with the Harley a-holes who think they need to rev their pieces of crap's throttle to the red line all the way down my street and hit four gears in the two blocks to the end like it impresses anyone. It's also funny because, as cool as they think they look when they're just coasting with the clutch in and revving their engine, they look absolutely ignorant to anyone who knows how damaging that is to an engine that is designed to be revved only under load...

I know not all Harley riders are so worthless, but there are plenty out there that give you a bad name. I just can't imagine needing that much attention. Maybe their mothers didn't pay enough attention them as children.

I used to race 600 Super Sport at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix Arizona, and we rode our race bikes to the track with the packing in the muffler, and took it out only once we were at the track just to be considerate. It's a shame that some people are so rude and inconsiderate. They literally shake my windows.

Woohoo...congrats to you both!!! :goodvibe:

I used to ride as well (before kids!)....a Honda....you know....*sniffle*...the ones you won't wave to. Boo:sad anim:hoooooo!!!!
To be fair, I rode my old Honda pictured above with my brother-in-law who rode a brand new Yamaha R6. I'd say 80% of all Harley riders waved to us on the road. Another 9% would wait for the R6 to pass (he usually led) and wave to me, and only the last 1% wouldn't wave at all.

Who knew?
Anyone who rides and converses on internet forums when they aren't riding :mrgreen:

Motorcycles - Harley vs. Japanese, then there are those BMW riders but we won't get into them, hehe.
Photography - Nikon vs. Canon
Computer sim racing - rFactor vs. GTR/GTL vs. IRacing vs. Live for Speed.
More computer sim racing - the racing sims listed above vs. the arcade racers such as Need for Speed and Gran Tourismo.
Computer flight simming - Microsoft Flight Simulator vs. xPlane
RC airplanes - GWS eStarter vs. Hobbico Aerobird vs. the EasyStar
RC airplanes again - gas vs. electric
Guitar - Fender vs. Gibson, acoustic vs. electric
Chevy vs. Ford
Chevy, Ford, or Dodge vs. Toyota

Where there is a forum for a hobby, so there shall be flamewars! :mrgreen:

Actually, of all hobby related forums I've been a part of, guitar forums I have found to have nearly NO flamewars and are the most informative and inviting to a newbie. A shame after 4 years owning a guitar, I still can't play anything :er:

I know you probably won't like this particular bike but I once owned a 1976 Honda CB550F that I turned into a cafe racer - twas awesome

that is all

Unfortunately, I live on a street that has two bars at the end of it, and I have two baby girls, 3 and 1 who nap twice daily.. And they need to sleep at night. So you can imagine my disgust with the Harley a-holes who think they need to rev their pieces of crap's throttle to the red line all the way down my street and hit four gears in the two blocks to the end like it impresses anyone. It's also funny because, as cool as they think they look when they're just coasting with the clutch in and revving their engine, they look absolutely ignorant to anyone who knows how damaging that is to an engine that is designed to be revved only under load...

I know not all Harley riders are so worthless, but there are plenty out there that give you a bad name. I just can't imagine needing that much attention. Maybe their mothers didn't pay enough attention them as children.

I used to race 600 Super Sport at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix Arizona, and we rode our race bikes to the track with the packing in the muffler, and took it out only once we were at the track just to be considerate. It's a shame that some people are so rude and inconsiderate. They literally shake my windows.

Yeah, I hear you... That's very unfortunate indeed. Sure, there are @$$es on two wheels no matter what the make. I am constantly being left behind on the freeways when I ride at about 10mph over the speed limit by crotch rocket punks who think they are just so immortal, they're going at 120 to 130mph. It's one thing riding for pleasure and another riding to annoy people around you and demand attention.

I know you probably won't like this particular bike but I once owned a 1976 Honda CB550F that I turned into a cafe racer - twas awesome

that is all

That's actually a decent bike. I used to ride a Honda in the early to mid 70s, but then I eventually matured... ;)

Most reactions

Back