What's new

Lost my USB cable.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Quick question.
I seem to have lost my USB cable for my D90. I was looking to get a replacement and on amazon and the bay, they seem to be remarkably cheap. Does this reflect in their quality? Is there anyone else I should be looking at? Is there anyone that is reputable for selling good ones?

Thanks!
Mark
 
Does this reflect in their quality?
Shouldn't. Any USB cable should work. Got one for your fone with the same plugs? I've got like 8 of 'em around here.
 
I dont. Ive searched high and low. Even old phones and devices. Nothing. Thats what I figured, that it shouldnt really matter.

Thanks.
Mark
 
Any mini usb should work. I too have a dozen or so lying around!
 
Lucky. Amazon has one with a 4g Sandisk SD card for $6 before shipping. Not for the D90, but still a good price.

Mark
 
I always thought it to better to use the memory card in a cardreader anyway, not from USB cable connected straight to camera. Isn't that safer for the circuits of the camera?

If I am not mistaken, D90 uses SD or SDHC compatible cards, and you can easily find a reader (contains reader and cable) for $20.00 or less.

I have a Targus SD reader that I bought at Wal-Mart for like $9.00. And I bought several of them because I like the cables, have them connected into my desktop USB ports, with the other end taped across the top of the tower, two are holding xmitters for mouse/kb, another with the SD reader, and another for my P&S camera to copy photos to my PC.
 
Many laptops also have a card reader that will take SD cards.

Beware of some of the cables offered on eBay. I bought some miniUSB cables from a seller somewhere in Hong Kong, and when they arrived found that although they transmit power they don't carry the signal. Threw them away.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom