Lost Photoghraphs

alwat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have done the cardinal sin of saving photos, I have lost all the photographs (aprox 4000) I took on a once in a lifetime holiday to the west coast to celibrate my 60th birthday. I stored all the pictures on a new external drive (only for the drive to pack in after 2 months)with no other back-up in place, I did try one of the file recovery companies,only to be told they were unable to recover any of the photo's.
I have no photo's to show for one of the best holidays I have had.
I'm wondering if any photoforum member can help me replace the photo's I have lost I would be truly grateful.
I spent 19 day and 3000 miles driving from San Francisco, San Deigo, Palm Springs, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Vegas, Yosemite and back to San Francisco, with stops at various places on the way. If any one can help me, I can put together a detailed route and places visited.

One of my hdd's crashed a few weeks ago and i almost lost 50gb pictures. Then i got in touch with a free software named Get Data Back. I got all my photos back acually, and many other useful documents :)
Try it, maybe it will work.

It doesn't really seem like collecting other people's photos of all the places you visited would be the same to me...

For one, you & whoever went with you won't be in any of them.

I mean, it's like how I lost all of the pictures from when my daughter was born due to a similar equipment failure... I wouldn't try to download other people's pictures and tell people that they are the pictures from my daughter's birth.

I know your situation isn't the same as the birth of a child, but I still don't think having pictures of all the places you went would be the same as having your pictures.

They're just gone... It sucks, but there isn't really anything you can do about it...

The hard drive malfunctioned, it was giving off a ticking sound,and I set it to a hard drive repair date centre, they where unable to repair because the drive spindle was dislodged.

RE: OIIIIIIO comment.
I agree somewhat with your replay, and agree that I and my wife would be missing from the photo's, I would still like pictures of some of the places we visited

My Dell HDD died and even Dell said I was "out of luck". Finally, the 4th place I tried...a local computer shop with 2 employees did the impossible...recovered EVERY single photo, music, e-mail etc...everything. I guess my advice is Don't give up! Really, what do you have to lose by asking another place to check it out? I wish you the very best of luck and BTW...the computer shop is MGM Communications Maumee, Ohio 43537 USA. And I have NO vested interest in this company...just know what it feels like to lose a HDD. And it stinks!! Best wishes!

Most reactions

Back