lost photos :(

Annette said:
All the bad processing happened in the same two places? Why did you keep going back? Personally, if a processer ruined a roll of my film I wouldn't give them opportunity to ruin another.

The first 2 happend about 4 years apart. First time I thought, "we'll I guess everyone can screw up once". After the second one I did stop using them.

The APS one my wife took in to Walgreens because she wanted them back right away. Now she "Chimps" to her digital and we don't have that problem.... :queen:

I should mention I live in a more rural area and have a lack of developing choices around here. You've got grocery stores or Walgreens and just in the last 6 month we have a Wal*Mart.

As soon as I can afford a good film scanner I'm going to switch to slide film and just shoot that for 35mm.

voodoocat said:
You are lucky. The two rolls I've had misprocessed were done at real labs (not wal-mart)

I have been more worried about losing photos and negatives during moves than worrying about a lab messing up the processing. I suppose I have been lucky though. I suppose my time is coming and the lab is going to let me down eventually.

Ansel Adams had a fire in one of his darkrooms, and lost a bunch of work.

If you have your files backed up in several places that should hopefully protect against "acts of god": fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, etc... If your house goes, or where ever you are storing your negs, they go too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back