Lost river

Danad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are my first shots with my new camera! Thanks for looking!

#1- this one is burnes - i know...
RIVER1.jpg

RIVER2.jpg

RIVER3.jpg

RIVER4.jpg

another great series

You go out and explore an amazingly beautiful countryside where you are, Danad! Wow. I really like your Photo 2 here, and not only (but as well!!!) because of the lovely green leaves of the tree that frame the photo from above, but also for the many different "horizontal colour layers" which you composed so nicely into your frame: the deeply shadowed part of the banks with the fallen trunk, then the lighter and finally bright light parts of the banks, then the interestingly bright colour of the river, followed by the grey of the rock formations on the other side and then the wonderful green of the overhanging leaves. Very nice!!!!

I think you are on to a great start with this series. What time of the day did you shoot these? they look the lighting was pretty harsh. These shots in the golden hrs of light would make the shots a bit warmer and not quite as white. Congrats on the new camera...look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the feed-back! On this trip I found out that I really like photography .The photos were taken between 1-5 in the afternoon, so the light wasn't so good, but at that time I didn't know much about light, colors, composition...but one of my best picture ever was taken on this trip!

b_131525.jpg

Danad said:
but one of my best picture ever was taken on this trip!
WOW...couldn't agree more. Very nice photo. Great Bokah A world of difference between the above shots.:thumbup: :thumbup:

#1: tame the contrast.
#2: tame the contrast.
#3: you're learning to tame the contrast.
#4: you tamed the contrast.
#5: good.

PS: Track down the piece of music titled 'Old and lost rivers'.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back