Lots O' Lightning!!

my*

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a bunch from last night. Please Critique.

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

awesome.. how do you shoot lightning?
Use a tripod, keep the shutter open and pray. I do a 30 second exposure using iso 100. The aperture depends on the amount of light. I think I was around f9 for these.

Use a tripod, keep the shutter open and pray. I do a 30 second exposure using iso 100. The aperture depends on the amount of light. I think I was around f9 for these.

Was that Phoenix? I live in Tucson -- The other night I stayed out for about 2 hours trying to shoot lightning -- everything set up.......the lightning struck everywhere around me except for where my camera was pointing.......not one shot!!!

I'm very jealous right now.....LOL

Nope, Tucson, River/Craycroft

Nop, Tucson, River/Craycroft

OK, now I'm REALLY jealous!!!

Fabulous pictures!!

I was set up off of Old Spanish Trail near Saguaro Nat'l Monument ------ lots of activity, just not where I had my camera!!

OK, now I'm REALLY jealous!!!

Fabulous pictures!!

I was set up off of Old Spanish Trail near Saguaro Nat'l Monument ------ lots of activity, just not where I had my camera!!
One of my favorite things in life is taking lightning picture during the monsoon season. I had only gotten a few that were decent until last night. I am lucky to have a job that lets me be out and about during the evenings. When I see an opportunity to take a few pictures I stop and shoot.

great captures, very nice lightening pics! :thumbup:

Holy bright Lightning....those are great shots

Crop a little off the top and #2 is the cats pajamas.

I cropped #2. I'm not sure if it was enough though. Let me know which is the cats PJ's now.

The original
IMG_3697.jpg

#2-1
IMG_3697E1.jpg

#2-2
IMG_3697e2.jpg

#2-3
IMG_3697e3.jpg

#2-4
IMG_3697e4JPG.jpg

Very nice captures. 1 and 2 are my favorites with 2-2 for crops but really, they all have something interesting in them.

Nice work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back