Lots of Buying Questions

Thanks for all the useful information people! More information is always welcome though. Haven't decided on what I'm going to buy yet but this all will surely help. I'm not going to buy a flash right away though that'll come later.

So I've done some more research, between other brands as well, and my eye has fallen on the Canon EOS 600D (Rebel T3i) Which specs I also really like.

Anyone any opinions about that one?
I can choose between:
Body only
Body + 18- 135mm lens
Body + 18 - 55mm lens & 55 - 250mm lens
Body + 18 - 55mm lens

I'm going to the store today to try the nikon D3100 , 5100 and Canon 550D & 600D to see how I like holding them etc.

Thanks in advance!

I'm going to the store today to try the nikon D3100 , 5100 and Canon 550D & 600D to see how I like holding them etc.

Hold any judgement until you have done this.

Buying a camera body is much like buying a computer. Don't look too hard at what you need right now, look hard at what you will need or want a year or two from now (or even longer). Buy something you will be able to grow into for a long time, not out of shortly.

Bodies are an expense, lenses are an investment.

Good luck, can't go wrong with the options you are looking at.

p!nK

Good info in this thread...I would like to get a little more info, what's the advantage of having the autofocus motor in the body vs in the lenses?

Hold any judgement until you have done this.

Buying a camera body is much like buying a computer. Don't look too hard at what you need right now, look hard at what you will need or want a year or two from now (or even longer). Buy something you will be able to grow into for a long time, not out of shortly.

Bodies are an expense, lenses are an investment.

Good luck, can't go wrong with the options you are looking at.

p!nK

Thanks again!

So I went to the store and It's definitely going to be the Canon EOS 60D (Rebel T3i) I can get along with the menu's alot easier, and it felt better in my hand. Just felt myself going back to the canon all the time.

Now regarding the lenses, the 75-300mm lens has very bad reviews, but the 55 - 250mm has great reviews. So I guess thats settled! Now to have some patience till after Christmas (spending that much money right before Christmas ain't the smartest thing to do)

I wanna thank everyone in this topic for helping out, and I hope y'all can help me in my future threads too.

Rhendera, just wanted to let you know that Iv been shooting with the Canon T3i for about 6 months now and I think its a great camera. I also only have the 18-55 kit lens and have been pleased with it soo far. Good luck!

Most reactions

Back