What's new

Louisiana War Veteran Memorial Eternal Flame and Flags at Sunset

Nice composition, but I don't care for so much of it out of focus..... I think a long DOF would have been the thing here....Some will probably like it this way. Second one has nice color, but think the flags would look better with some motion on them (windier day)
 
I find myself enjoying the first image quite a bit. My initial reaction was that it was out of focus until my eyes found the fire (they first went to the light pole). Even though it is such a small area in focus, I think the the shallow dof and eye bounce gives a bit more of mysterious element. So I dig it! I do think I would crop a bit of the bottom off.

The second one doesn't grab me much. Just not much going on. Like bronzeo said, some more lift to the flags on a windier day would go a long way.
 
I find myself enjoying the first image quite a bit. My initial reaction was that it was out of focus until my eyes found the fire (they first went to the light pole). Even though it is such a small area in focus, I think the the shallow dof and eye bounce gives a bit more of mysterious element. So I dig it! I do think I would crop a bit of the bottom off.

The second one doesn't grab me much. Just not much going on. Like bronzeo said, some more lift to the flags on a windier day would go a long way.

I agree - in the first pic, even though the lights and the flag are out of focus, their size and brightness overwhelm the darker, smaller fire. Maybe something like this:

$fire.webp
 
I find myself enjoying the first image quite a bit. My initial reaction was that it was out of focus until my eyes found the fire (they first went to the light pole). Even though it is such a small area in focus, I think the the shallow dof and eye bounce gives a bit more of mysterious element. So I dig it! I do think I would crop a bit of the bottom off.

The second one doesn't grab me much. Just not much going on. Like bronzeo said, some more lift to the flags on a windier day would go a long way.

I agree - in the first pic, even though the lights and the flag are out of focus, their size and brightness overwhelm the darker, smaller fire. Maybe something like this:

View attachment 76255


Exactly, that instantly takes my eyes to the fire when I look at it while still incorporating the other elements in the background to look around at.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom