Exploring DC with my new X-T3 - Photo Heavy

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent yesterday walking around the national mall from before sunrise to after sunset taking photos. I'd never been here before and really enjoyed exploring the area. Lots of photos to come, so I'm not going to type much.

1.) Started the day off with a pre-sunrise shot of the Jefferson Memorial. This was the only photo that I had pre-planned and I'm happy with how it came out.
Jefferson Memorial 1 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

2.) Left the location of the last shot and happened to see this, though it looked cool
Tidal Basin by Destin Danser, on Flickr

3.) Explored the inside of the Jefferson Memorial and came out to find the sky looking like this, had to find a composition to make work.
Jefferson Memorial 2 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

4.) My friend's dog Fenway in front of the Lincoln Memorial. Shot this at the far end of the tidal pool and at 156mm to compress the background.
Patriotic Aussie by Destin Danser, on Flickr

5.) Saw this view of the Capitol Building through the trees and had to frame it with them.
Framed Capitol by Destin Danser, on Flickr

6.) Once it got dark out I revisited Jefferson to avoid the crowd. Taken with a fisheye lens.
Jefferson Memorial 4 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

7.) Also taken with a fisheye inside of the Jefferson Memorial
Jefferson Memorial 3 by Destin Danser, on Flickr

8.) Took this with a fisheye while lying on my back in the middle of the DC War Memorial
Spokes by Destin Danser, on Flickr

Great stuff! Really like number 1 & 9. The National Mall is a really interesting place to walk around. Plus you get your exercise for the day lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Great stuff! Really like number 1 & 9. The National Mall is a really interesting place to walk around. Plus you get your exercise for the day lol.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tell me about it. We walked about 23 miles yesterday around DC and then hiked 5-6 today in Shenandoah NP.

I’m a little sore.

Great set!

Nice work. DC can be challenging with so many people everywhere you go, it can be difficult to get a good composition. I bet the National Arboretum has some nice color right about now.

These shots are great! Looks like you had a good time in DC.

Most reactions

Back