Loupe?

Bobby Ironsights

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm into black and white film, 35mm and 4x5 soon, and I'd like to find a decent loupe within a student's budget. I've found extreme chormatic abberation from the plastic magnifier I've been using, and I do not like it one bit.

i can't find the one i have, but it was plastic and was a maxiloupe 2 i think. sounds about right.

It's ok. It's cheap, and you can tell, but it works.

For some reason, I can't find the loupe online that I'm thinking of. Anyways, Zeiss makes one that's two lenses, I believe a 3x and 5x (So you get 3x, 5x, and 15x). They are a little more expensive, I think $75. But if you take care and don't lose it, you'll never need another loupe.

I use them for looking at coins, and so do most of the top guys in the business. I imagine that it would work well for what you're doing to. It has little distortion at the edges and has a clear field of view.

I use a Bausch & Lomb 10x loupe at work all the time (not for photographs, but it should work for that too). I'm pretty sure this is the same one I have (the picture on the website kinda sucks).

Not sure if you want to spend almost $40 on a magnifying glass, but it's a good piece of glass.

Well corrected loupes are $100 and up. There isn't any way around it. If you spend less, you won't get a well corrected loupe. Personally, I prefer the Schneider loupes.

Most reactions

Back