What's new

Love for the autopole.

SpeedTrap

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
1,392
Reaction score
27
Location
Edmonton
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought I would share a my experence with the Autopole as there is not much info on the site about them.

Recently I decided to pick up a few Autopoles for use in the home studio. The reason for this was I was getting tired of tripping over the light stand legs. I have a small room we use for children’s portraits in out house and when you get a mom or dad in there with a child, and all the lighting, plus us it is a bit crowded.

I have never used an autopole before yesterday and I knew very little about them other than contacting Big Mike to ask his opinion because I knew he uses them.

Well my first impressions are great, they can be positioned vertically (floor to ceiling) and I can mount a light and other accessories on it and I have a second mounted horizontal (wall to wall) over my shooting station with a 36” strip box on it pointing down as a background light for high key.

I was pleasantly surprised by how sturdy they are and how light they are. They friction and suction cup mount and can handle a good weight range in a horizontal position and plenty more in a vertical position.

One downfall is the cost, as far a light stands go they are not cheap, as well you need a host of super clamps and adapters to attach things to them, but in my opinion it is worth it and extra super clamps are always good to have anyway.

If you have a small space and need backdrop stands or light stands I would highly recommend them.

Thanks for reading
 
I knew you'd love them.

They can be extremely handy, I haven't even really given mine much of a workout. They just hold up the background for my home studio.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom