Love of moon

EIngerson

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like the image, but I think with a black back ground, I would bump up to about F8 or 11 and have the whole flower sharp.

Last edited:

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Agreed about the lack of sharpness as the black background just makes the flower jump out at you. I keep on wondering is there a stem, and if not, how is it being suspended, or is it laying down on the background? That's one of the main issues why I stay away from solid backgrounds. I just end up with more questions and then answers. Over all, I think it's a great start, and with a little more work will end up as a excellent still life.

Robin Usagani

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
put the flower more to the bottom of the frame.

Robin Usagani

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I actually like the lack of sharpness due to thin DOF. The middle is plenty sharp. If you had shot this with more DOF, the flower will look flat. I just wish you put the flower more to the bottom. Better composition I think.

EIngerson

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I actually like the lack of sharpness due to thin DOF. The middle is plenty sharp. If you had shot this with more DOF, the flower will look flat. I just wish you put the flower more to the bottom. Better composition I think.

I'm thinking it would pop out of the background more with sharp edges though. I like your thought of putting it on the intersection of thirds though.

gerardo2068

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like it. I agreed that may be a little bit lower would work.

OP
Frequency

Frequency

Reaction score
Website
www.photosenzitive.com
Photos OK to edit
Agreed about the lack of sharpness as the black background just makes the flower jump out at you. I keep on wondering is there a stem, and if not, how is it being suspended, or is it laying down on the background? That's one of the main issues why I stay away from solid backgrounds. I just end up with more questions and then answers. Over all, I think it's a great start, and with a little more work will end up as a excellent still life.

Thank you Joel for your analytical reply

regards :D

OP
Frequency

Frequency

Reaction score
Website
www.photosenzitive.com
Photos OK to edit

i too love flowers when they are bit soft, to feel them better

regards :D

OP
Frequency

Frequency

Reaction score
Website
www.photosenzitive.com
Photos OK to edit

I'm thinking it would pop out of the background more with sharp edges though. I like your thought of putting it on the intersection of thirds though.

Thank you Eingerson, for your time

Regards :D

Most reactions

New Topics