Love of moon

I like the image, but I think with a black back ground, I would bump up to about F8 or 11 and have the whole flower sharp.

Last edited:
Agreed about the lack of sharpness as the black background just makes the flower jump out at you. I keep on wondering is there a stem, and if not, how is it being suspended, or is it laying down on the background? That's one of the main issues why I stay away from solid backgrounds. I just end up with more questions and then answers. Over all, I think it's a great start, and with a little more work will end up as a excellent still life.

put the flower more to the bottom of the frame.

I actually like the lack of sharpness due to thin DOF. The middle is plenty sharp. If you had shot this with more DOF, the flower will look flat. I just wish you put the flower more to the bottom. Better composition I think.

I actually like the lack of sharpness due to thin DOF. The middle is plenty sharp. If you had shot this with more DOF, the flower will look flat. I just wish you put the flower more to the bottom. Better composition I think.

I'm thinking it would pop out of the background more with sharp edges though. I like your thought of putting it on the intersection of thirds though.

I like it. I agreed that may be a little bit lower would work.

Agreed about the lack of sharpness as the black background just makes the flower jump out at you. I keep on wondering is there a stem, and if not, how is it being suspended, or is it laying down on the background? That's one of the main issues why I stay away from solid backgrounds. I just end up with more questions and then answers. Over all, I think it's a great start, and with a little more work will end up as a excellent still life.

Thank you Joel for your analytical reply

regards :D

i too love flowers when they are bit soft, to feel them better

regards :D

I'm thinking it would pop out of the background more with sharp edges though. I like your thought of putting it on the intersection of thirds though.

Thank you Eingerson, for your time

Regards :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back