Thanks for the comments and kudos, everyone.
Brandon- "
Love That Dirty Water" is the title of a song about Boston/The Charles River by... The Standells? Pretty famous older tune... well at least in the US... well, perhaps more in Boston and nowhere else. I dunno. I barely ever leave the area. LOL I liked to an article about it above.
nice colors and composition but you may want to highlight the buildings just a little more, they're a tad too dark for my taste. but great shot!
Thanks. It was actually a hazy night which put a lot more light pollution in the sky, causing me to have to darken the final exposure, thus darken the buildings. (It also knocked the customs house a bit out of focus, which is a bummer... thats the clock tower thing over there more to the right)
Lesson learned: check humidity levels and clarity of the horizon before doing a night shoot.
I actually went in again last night, but was happy enough with this shot that I decided to get some different ones. I think I'm still going to have to go back to this place
one more time to try to get a less hazy night.
I've returned to the same places in Boston about three times now trying to get it right. Good way to learn, however.
Thanks, all!