What's new

Low key Lighting (PSTD) #2

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
15
Location
Elkton, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Second attempt at low key lighting... I am not sure which of these comes the closest, but I know none of them are perfect (or probably even decent because everyone knows I suck...) ;)

Here they am :)

010-3.jpg


012-2.jpg


023-1.jpg


024-1.jpg


025-1.jpg


030-2.jpg


033-1.jpg
 
Like I mentioned in the community post:
I would stop down to f/8. I would (personal preference) pick another subject, something you can give shape to that wont glare. I would also bring the light in tighter and then use a fast shutter.
 
This is great for self portraiture.
C'mon, Sarah. Self portrait!:eyebrows:
 
What's more fun than 7 bottles of nyquil though? Maybe 7 ambien. Just kiddi- ZZzzzz
 
often times, underexposure isn't the same as low key.

It really helps to shoot a person, but keep much of the frame in black. And you can have your subject exposed correctly.

Look up "Film Noir". That is the perfection of low-key. It's not underexposed, it's just alot of dark.

3183120112_a7576db393_o.jpg
 
again, low key lighting is not the same as poor lighting. Like above, find a subject that you can use selective lighting to highlight a unique feature of.

Something as simple as a pear can work, position your lighting so that it highlights the outline of the pear shape and not much else.

p!nK
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom