Low key photography part two CC please

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK well after a lot of good feedback I tried another hand at low key photography. I unfortunately did not have the reflector I intended to use available with me today. So here we go!

With a P&S of course.

dragon 2 by blackrose1981, on Flickr

dragon1edit by blackrose1981, on Flickr

Edit: yeah they are pretty badly contrasted so I took them off of my flickr for now. I'm going to try a re-shoot tomorrow!

Last edited:
Wow 105 views and nothing! It's funny only seeing it with the low key photography hahaha!

The first one ... just very dark, not much to see!

#2. considering it is black on black.. and the limited equipment you have.. it is not bad. But it just blends into the black to much also. If you could light it from behind.. or even throw just a the tiniest smidgeon of light on the background behind it, to make it stand out better.. it would help.

What you should do is some self portraits.. maybe go with some heavy makeup.. kind of gothy... use your self timer, and get creative with the lighting! That would be a lot more fun!

cool! Even some tasteful bodyscapes.. beautiful when done low key! have fun with it...

Yeah I think I'll give it a try the. Uhhh is still young lol! LolI actually had some lighter versions of the dragon I can put up, I was just trying to blend them as best I could....

Too dark for my tastes, literally, not figuratively. Can you dial up the exposure compensation a bit on your camera? It seems like something's either set wrong, or you've hit the longest shutter speed it can do.

For the second one, I see potential. Start by turning it sideways. Maybe get the figurines by some window light. With that, you can keep the dark backgrounds and do better, I think.

What point & shoot is it, and how do you have it set?

Too dark for my tastes, literally, not figuratively. Can you dial up the exposure compensation a bit on your camera? It seems like something's either set wrong, or you've hit the longest shutter speed it can do.For the second one, I see potential. Start by turning it sideways. Maybe get the figurines by some window light. With that, you can keep the dark backgrounds and do better, I think.What point & shoot is it, and how do you have it set?
I honestly have better ones than this now I that I can see the flaws. I'm going to try a few self portraits so I'd say just ignore this thread lol. I'll have more tomorrow lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back