Low Key Self Portrait - C&C

cptkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys and girls.

I'm pretty new to taking portraits, only just having bought two speedlights.

I have not really had the chance to shoot with any models, or anyone willing to model as of yet, so I have been trying to get some practise in by doing some self portraits.

I would love some C&C on this image, to me, it looks nice, but maybe thats just because I took it.

What do you guys think?

I shot this on a D7000 with my 50mm 1.8d using 1 speedlight in a DIY Beauty Dish.

All editing was done in Lightroom 4.

Attachments

• $DENIMSMOKE.jpg
    $DENIMSMOKE.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 142
I like it. :) I'm into the high contrast B&W. :)
Smoke is cool, but a little too thick, the mouth is a key feature in a portrait and its completely blocked by the smoke. But the smoke is cool too, I've been looking trying to make out images in it like a cloud in the sky. lol So far I've got dragon, puppy and mummy or ghost with a large sun hat. lol
Is that lingering smoke around your neck? That looks a little out of place since the smoke seems to be concentrated in front of your mouth.

I like it. :) I'm into the high contrast B&W. :)
Smoke is cool, but a little too thick, the mouth is a key feature in a portrait and its completely blocked by the smoke. But the smoke is cool too, I've been looking trying to make out images in it like a cloud in the sky. lol So far I've got dragon, puppy and mummy or ghost with a large sun hat. lol
Is that lingering smoke around your neck? That looks a little out of place since the smoke seems to be concentrated in front of your mouth.

Thanks for your reply and C&C

Yeah that is smoke around my neck, I was using one of those E-Cigarettes and they create loads of vapour/smoke and it was pretty hard to control that, and firing the shutter at the right time.

I may try again, but i think it's time to find some willing people to photograph instead

=]

Most reactions

Back