What's new

Low Key - self portrait

verticalization

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 5, 2008
Messages
92
Reaction score
1
Location
Duluth, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
With all the "low key" tries going on around here, i thought i'd post my own i took this morning for my 365 project.

I'd love C&C on this.

3-12-102.jpg


Thanks for looking
 
It's not really low key, it just looks underexposed and noisy.
 
Holy noise batman! Out of focus too.
 
It's not low key, but I kind of like it.

A little to much space camera left (crop it), not enough light in your eye socket (the eye(s) is so important in a portrait) between your eye and your nose (careful, low opacity dodge so we can see the white better).

Edit: Can't do what I envisioned, the shadow area is completely blocked (the opposite of blown).

I de-noised it, slight crop and did a light dodge on the eye white.

3-12-102.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the help Kmh, i liked the way it looked, i guess it isnt low-key.
the original was a bit more light than this result, i was trying to add more shadow to the dark side of the face, i didnt think it looked too good with the eye sticking out of it..

I think i'm gonna retry it, maybe with some better lighting.
 
Post up the original.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom