What's new

Low Key studio Light C&C Please

firefitindivR

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Location
LI NY
My 1st attempt at studio lighting. C&C please

Taylor_Photoshoot_1speedlight20111227_0827.jpg
 
Nice although the background isn't quite right for me.
Yeah, I agree, The background wasn't a paper background It was shot im my livingroom.. i just under exposed the background n exposed for the flash
 
Low key means matching dark clothing/accessories to a dark background. 'Low key' doesn't have to be (should not be) under exposed...and what you have here is an under exposed image.
 
Aside from the [simple under-] exposure, the "painted in" black region in the bottom left really distracts me. I see what you are trying to do...but instead, try loosening up on your crop and adding an artificial vignette for this type of affect.
 
Aside from the [simple under-] exposure, the "painted in" black region in the bottom left really distracts me. I see what you are trying to do...but instead, try loosening up on your crop and adding an artificial vignette for this type of affect.

Ya know what, my moniter isn't calibrated... I just saw this on another screen and it looks looks totally diffrent. I'm going to try the vignette n see how that goes
 
I liked the image.....
I would like to know a clear cut distinction between low key Vs under exposed and high key Vs over exposed, and if possible with one image for all the four

regards in advance.....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom