Low profile camera bag anyone?

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright I finally got my Sony a200, now I need a backpack and here is what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a low-profile backpack, medium to small, that will hold a few lenses and a 12 inch laptop. I've looked at the Kata backpacks online, but I was wondering what you guys have and what you recommend... Thanks in advance...

-------------

Last edited:
OP,

Have you used a camera back pack before? Familiar with the adv/dis?

Personally, I hate backpacks. Too difficult to access. You have to stop. Remove the bag. Place it on the ground or somewhere. Unzip. Remove the item. Finally, do the whole thing in reverse. Mine is used for storage and rarely leaves the house now....

But... as danjchau said, lowepro is good. I also like tamrac products. Both make a product that is kinda a hybrid of both shoulder and backpack but I don't thing either will hold a laptop. How about a small regular laptop backpack added to a shoulder bag. Comfortable to carry a laptop. Shoulder bag will provide fast/easy accesss to equipment.

Targus is another brand.

You may have to look through the brand's lineup to find one. I did a search for "targus computer camera" and only computer bags came up. I didn't go through entire lineup though.

I know I've seen one from Lowepro, but believe it was over $200.

Here are some Tamrac ones from B&H - all over $200 though.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/shop/..._+274.95+<=+50000/sortDrop/Price:+Low+to+High

Boy I sure like the specs for the Tamrac 619 but I would like to see one up close first. I also am in the hunt for a gear bag. but it needs to be tough and able to stand up to the bush.

I do not like backpacks either. They are too difficult to use, getting anything out of it is a hassle. I would suggest a shuolder bag. I got a Domke bag and its great its small so it does not get in your way and it allows for easy to access anything quickly. Currently i have my D200 with 50mm attached, a 10-20mm and a 18-70mm along with hoods for all my lenses, a sb800, extra memory cards and batteries, 4 filters and various accesories such as a sensor cleaning brush, plastic bag for wet weather shooting paper and pens etc. The only thing I cannot fit in this bag is my 70-200mm but that has its own case with shuolder strap so I carry that separately. Also the bag is waterproof and rugged, my girlfriend spilled a full glass of water directly onto my bag a couple nighs ago and nothing inside got even a drop wet.

I don't have much gear and i just use a regular backpack with a lowepro holster and lens pouches. I just hate the feel of camera backpacks, they are too rigid and can't be used for anything else.
My holster fits in whatever bag i am carrying with me, and most importantly, it doesn't make me look like a tourist!

-------------

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back