LR & PS Back Up To Speed

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For the last couple months I've been struggling with speed on LR and PS, as I had to disable "use graphics processor" because of conflicts. Got a little blurb the other day that Intel had updated my drivers. Didn't think much about it till I started researching graphics cards, comparing my existing card, and realized that my card was exceeding minimum requirements. So on a whim, I reset LR and PS to use Graphics Processor. Wonder of wonders, it works now. The speed is back up, and the features that had been disabled by the inability to utilize the graphics processor are back. Apparently the last driver update fixed the problems.

Welcome to the joys of computing! Sometimes its not even the update itself that fixes things ,but that something in the original driver you had got corrupted/changed/damaged or even that you set a setting away from its non-default - so the new driver update fixes things up.

Glad that your software is back up and running smooth and fast :)

Welcome to the joys of computing!

Between software updates, and computer updates, it's a wonder that anything works together.

I refer to my desktop as its own little eco-system. One update can throw it all off. Last year there was a Windows update that failed and it kept trying to update which generated a zillion files, 138GB worth. The CBS persist files filled up my C drive to max capacity. I had no idea this was going on in the background until I ran Spacemonger. I've got all my media cache files on the D drive so I knew that wasn't the cause. I was thinking that my system was toast.

Last year there was a Windows update that failed

Sound like the windows "creator" update, so named because of all the problems or "created". What a pain that was, took me several days to clean up the mess

Welcome to the joys of computing!

Between software updates, and computer updates, it's a wonder that anything works together.

My brother in law works for Apple and is surprised by the same thing. It is pretty amazing when you think about the complexity of an operating system.

Most reactions

Back