PerfectlyFlawed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is starting to piss me off.

( BTW, if this is in the wrong spot-- Please move it. Wasnt sure where to start this thread.)

So ive been using LR3 for about a month... Love it,when it works... 3 out of 4 times it crashes in the middle of my work. (Thankfully, it saves the work.)
I was told that LR3 would work fine on my Desktop. I googled the System Requirments:

Windows

• Intel® Pentium® 4 processor or equivalent
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (32 bit and 64 bit); or Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 1GB of available hard-disk space
  • 1,024x768 display
  • CD-ROM drive

I cant see what the problem is, unless adobe isnt being specific enough with them...

Ive got a relatively new/ upgraded often- custom built Desktop... And this program is the ONLY thing ive run into problems with.... Like my pc cant handle it all of a sudden.. its getting on my damn nerves. :gah:

Anyone had any issues with LR3 Crashing????
Any recommendations??
( and dont say get a MAC, *Gag* :puke: ) No offense-- just not a mac person. :lmao:

I'm using the trial version right now and no problems. I've got only 2gb RAM. I can run LR, PS, Bridge, iTunes etc all at the same time. Have you cleaned your system (CCleaner) and checked for virus or malware?

Hmmm... That's weird. I have been using it for awhile now. No problems at all, but I use Mac. :cool:

I'm using the trial version right now and no problems. I've got only 2gb RAM. I can run LR, PS, Bridge, iTunes etc all at the same time. Have you cleaned your system (CCleaner) and checked for virus or malware?

I too have 2 gigs ram...i run many programs...pspx3, ps cs2 and cs5, like 5 other editing programs including lr2, ( and itunes for the ipods) im completely stumped on this. :( my guess was my processor doesnt have enough balls to handle it, lol but why crash this and nothing else?! Yep i run ccleaner often! Avast scanned regularly. Adaware-- malware bytes.. Hmm.

you sure that it doesn't crash with anything else?

if so maybe what could be happening is that you have a faulty ram stick somewhere and whenever a program is loaded its being assigned to a faulty area of the RAM...

otherwise another possibility is either a bad install (try reinstalling it) or the install has been installed partly over corrupted sectors of your hdd

those are the only two extremes i can think of that can possibly explain your issue other than virus and malware possibilities...

if so maybe what could be happening is that you have a faulty ram stick somewhere and whenever a program is loaded its being assigned to a faulty area of the RAM...

otherwise another possibility is either a bad install (try reinstalling it) or the install has been installed partly over corrupted sectors of your hdd

those are the only two extremes i can think of that can possibly explain your issue other than virus and malware possibilities...

im possitive... its just this program.I have had a faulty stick of ram before...and it was so much worse than this, so i dont believe thats what it is. Ive had no games or programs cause any crashes. Im going to run malware bytes, avast, do a clean re-install of LR3, maybe do a defrag see if that helps it....

You didn't mention what *your* system specifications are. What's in the computer you're using?

On my rig and MBP Lightroom3 works perfectly fine...not a crash yet. I will say it can be sluggish though...it hits the limit of my 4Gb of ram and slows down considerably (doesn't help that my last album was around 5Gb of raw files).

Mine works well and has never crashed, I run a dual 2.9 Ghz, with 8 gb of ram on Win7 64 bit.

Stop using pirated software IMO...

LOL J/K <3

Sorry it's not working, but seriously...have you updated LR3? The first release was a bit buggy for some people, but 3.2 (iirc) fixed a lot of problems some were having.

Malware bytes: 10 mins in.... 3 infected files. fail. :thumbdown: :meh:

You didn't mention what *your* system specifications are. What's in the computer you're using?

On my rig and MBP Lightroom3 works perfectly fine...not a crash yet. I will say it can be sluggish though...it hits the limit of my 4Gb of ram and slows down considerably (doesn't help that my last album was around 5Gb of raw files).
Ummm.....lol, My other half builds this sh*t, I just use it! :lmao: Pretty much have no idea whats inside... I'll find out! I know my video card and processor could use an update though!

Stop using pirated software IMO...

LOL J/K <3

Sorry it's not working, but seriously...have you updated LR3? The first release was a bit buggy for some people, but 3.2 (iirc) fixed a lot of problems some were having.
Hahaha... student discounts! :greenpbl:
Yeah, i'll try updating it too. At this point anything helps. Might have to wait to run LR3 and stick to LR2 until i can update my computer...( although my computer meets the system requirements :scratch:..)

Might have to wait to run LR3 and stick to LR2 until i can update my computer...( although my computer meets the system requirements :scratch:..)

That's what I'm doing until the iMac gets here...not ideal, but it still works just fine.

It might be the graphics card overheating.
Try blowing the coolers on the GPU and the CPU w compressed air.
Has worked for me and friends

It doesn't hurt to update system drivers either. Motherboard and video card especially. Quick trip to the manufacturers site should get it done quickly.

Good luck

Most reactions

Back