Lucky lens

pietdupreez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I got a new EFS 55-250 STM (my first lens not bought second-hand) yesterday, and today visited the local game reserve. I was taking photos of birds and small antilope when these two crossed the road right in front of me
Rietvlei%20dam%20(2020)%20314.jpg

Those two are just rude... Nice picture!

My new lens is good but it sure hasn't been that lucky.

Nice shot!

Nice! An unexpected treat for sure, hang on to that lens!

Your neighborhood has some of the ugliest cows I have seen!

I think that it's you that is lucky to be next to an animal reserve with African animals on it. Aside from that, very nice shot and it's sad about the missing horn.

Thanks for the kind words guys! Yes, there are benefits to living in Africa!
I should have explained about the horn: There are people in Asian countries who believe rhino horn to be an aphrodisiac, and will pay a fortune to have it. So, to protect the rhino from poachers, owners remove the horn and destroy it. It is a painless process, like cutting your toenails and in time it will grow back.
Here's one of the calf
Rietvlei%20dam%20(2020)%20315.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys! Yes, there are benefits to living in Africa!
I should have explained about the horn: There are people in Asian countries who believe rhino horn to be an aphrodisiac, and will pay a fortune to have it. So, to protect the rhino from poachers, owners remove the horn and destroy it. It is a painless process, like cutting your toenails and in time it will grow back.
Here's one of the calfView attachment 193665

Yes, the rhino's usually get killed by poachers in the process of taking the horn so the preventive measure keeps them alive. It's just sad that it has to be done to protect it because the horn means something to the animal as well.

Majestic beasts. Love the first shot. Must be wonderful to have them on your doorstep.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back