Ludacris

matseski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These were shot on a Canon 50D and 70-200mm f2.8 IS. They were taken from among the crowd, handheld above my head and focused and composed through live view while standing on my toes so as to try to avoid the countless heads and waving arms in front of me...needless to say, not ideal shooting conditions...

Anyways, let me know what you think, criticism is welcome and encouraged.

Thanks for looking!

7213242554_3952657f36_h.jpg

7213242964_47d0a37488_h.jpg

7213243568_b88fe4405d_h.jpg

7213244048_734e8ea28a_h.jpg

7213244652_07e2d8bb20_h.jpg

7213245512_76a4fbd202_h.jpg

7213246106_7c0dfa44af_h.jpg

I really like 4-6. nice captures for such horrible conditions

Ya done good! I love that shot of him flipping the bird!

I like these photos. All are very nice. Is Ludacris one of the men or the name of the group? *hopeless music derp*

Thanks for the encouraging remarks. Ludacris, The Avett Brothers, and Michael Franti and Spearhead (see my other threads in the section) were all part of a local music festival.

Ludacris's show was by far the most well attended by the most...ummmm...'enthusiastic' crowd making it by far the most difficult act to capture. For much of the concert I had to try to time my shots with the sway of arms and jumping heads in front of me while being knocked into by drunken people much larger than myself.

Jaemie said:
I like these photos. All are very nice. Is Ludacris one of the men or the name of the group? *hopeless music derp*

he's one of the men :) the one that is flipping off the crowd. awesome actor too ( I love his performance in Crash)

these pictures are sooo good for those conditions.. Ive been to shows with those types of conditions and can hardly imagine confidently taking my equipment near that commotion let alone coming out of it with pictures I can be proud of :) then again I'm small, I'd probably get crushed.

Love the "ghost hand" in number 4. I assume that was someone in front of you? Accidental but well done for deciding to keep it. I join the rest in applauding a job well done in difficult conditions. :thumbup:

Thanks!

Yeah, despite battling my way up to about the 3rd or 4th row of people there were still quite a few hands and heads in front of me. At only 5'7" 135lbs, I had to hold the camera above my head while on my tip toes for the entire hour-long performance as there literally was not enough space anywhere below shoulder height for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back