Lupines at sunrise (pic heavy)

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Worked hard for these! 2.5 hour drive in the middle of the night into the mountains to get there for 4am pre-sunrise color, full tick protection gear (boots, heavy socks, bug spray), must have inhaled a gallon of pollen... I think it was worth it! It hazed up a bit right where we were hoping to get that sunburst when it crested the mountains unfortunately. Still, I don’t think I’ve ever regretted getting up and out for sunrise. I really need to do it more often. Hope you like these. Feel free to c&c even if you don’t.

Lupines at sunrise by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Last edited:
Terrific set.

Worked hard for these! 2.5 hour drive in the middle of the night into the mountains to get there for 4am pre-sunrise color, full tick protection gear (boots, heavy socks, bug spray), must have inhaled a gallon of pollen... I think it was worth it! It hazed up a bit right where we were hoping to get that sunburst when it crested the mountains unfortunately. Still, I don’t think I’ve ever regretted getting up and out for sunrise. I really need to do it more often. Hope you like these. Feel free to c&c even if you don’t.

Great set!

Terrific work! Well worth the time you spent getting up there - impressive!

For me, the strongest ones, and it's really the majority of them, are the ones lacking full sun. My main nit with digital photography is that brightness turns into hot spots, with little or no detail. But there are only a couple of them here that do that.

#s 2, 6, 7 and 8 look like paintings. So full of color - wow! I think my fave of the series is #2. Gorgeous. You did very well with your processing, the scenes are very rich in color and detail. Yum!!

Thumbs up on the tick protection. :lol: Those beautiful fields must be full of them.

They're beautiful pics! Thanks for doing everything you did to get us these, I enjoyed them a lot. What kind of flowers? Not blue bells, right?

Great set!

Thanks!

Terrific work! Well worth the time you spent getting up there - impressive!

For me, the strongest ones, and it's really the majority of them, are the ones lacking full sun. My main nit with digital photography is that brightness turns into hot spots, with little or no detail. But there are only a couple of them here that do that.

#s 2, 6, 7 and 8 look like paintings. So full of color - wow! I think my fave of the series is #2. Gorgeous. You did very well with your processing, the scenes are very rich in color and detail. Yum!!

Thumbs up on the tick protection. :lol: Those beautiful fields must be full of them.

Thank you. I don’t mind the hot spots too much but I know what you mean. I didn’t have a grad filter with me so I was trying to find a mid point for foreground and sky. I do have a few that I took planning to do an exposure merge but will have to wait until I have more time to process. I have about 400 more photos from this day because after sunrise we traveled through the mountains and stopped at a bunch of lakes, old barns etc.

They're beautiful pics! Thanks for doing everything you did to get us these, I enjoyed them a lot. What kind of flowers? Not blue bells, right?

Thanks! these are lupines.

Very colourful set.......

Thanks...

Very nice set of images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back